The Central and Eastern European Council in Canada (CEEC), representing the interests of 4.5 million Canadians of Central and Eastern European heritage, calls on all Canadians to join the #StandWithUkraine campaign and show your support for the Ukrainian peoples’ right to live free and in peace in their own land.
“Ukraine is at the frontlines of the defence of the free world from tyranny. Russia’s war threatens not only Ukraine, but the entire European continent,” said CEEC President Marcus Kolga. “In order to preserve peace and liberty in Europe, it is vital that we all stand with Ukraine and assist the Ukrainian people in defending their country against Russia’s aggression.”
For eight years, the Ukrainian people have bravely defended their country against brutal Russian aggression, as Russia once again seeks to colonize Ukraine. Over 13,000 people have been killed, over 1.5 million displaced. Today, Russia is massing troops and weapons near Ukraine’s borders and on occupied Ukrainian territory and threatening to invade further into Ukraine.
We invite all Canadians to join the #StandWithUkraine campaign and show your support for the Ukrainian peoples’ right to live free and in peace in their own land:
Join the campaign!
On January 22, the Day of Unity of Ukraine, join the #StandWithUkraine campaign:
1. Download the attached #StandWithUkraine image
2. Take a photo holding the image
3. On January 22, share your photo on your social media accounts with the hashtag #StandWithUkraine
4. Write to your Member of Parliament and express your support for Ukraine:
5. You can find the contacts for your MP’s office here: [https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en ]
(Physical mail does not require a stamp!)